Saturday, July 25, 2009

Heirloom Tomatoes










I love Summer time. When the heirlooms start hitting the local markets, we can't buy enough of them. Don't let the sometimes ugly outside keep you from buying them... their flavor is fantastic! I literally had a plate of them for lunch today. Then I decided to make these lovely tomatoes into one of my summertime favorites.... caprese salad! The picture above is pre- balsamic vinegar since we are taking it over to a friends house for dinner. I hope it tastes as good as it looks! Yummo! 

3 comments:

  1. Good job on the food photos!! Cute blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got the pleasure of enjoying this little appetizer on Saturday...yummo, Kristin! Love exchanging the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are such a foodie! KC has the best farmer's markets around(ok, not the best but pretty darn awesome). there is one on 70-something and metcalf in old OP that is pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete