Monday, July 13, 2009

Shatto Milk Dairy Farm





Please take note, the picture in the upper right corner is of a holstein cow, a dairy cow... not to be confused with a beef cow. Please do not eat beef from a Holstein cow, you are really missing out... EAT BLACK ANGUS, better yet, eat PGA BEEF!:) Just wanted to be sure we had that straight... moving on...

When we lived in Chicago it didn’t take us long to figure out that Oberweis was an amazing dairy company! They got us hooked on glass bottled milk and we still love it! Unfortunately Oberweis only delivers in Chicago and surrounding areas from what I know, so there isn’t any in Kansas City. However, I quickly realized after we moved here that there is a GREAT dairy called Shatto that delivers to KC! I just love the small dairy companies that you can get glass bottled milk from and then a refund upon returning your bottle. It’s just like the old days! :) The owners come out to the River Market farmers market downtown every Saturday in the summer. They are also often found in the area at stores that carry their products. Needless to say, I’ve gotten to know them and have enjoyed building a relationship with their family! 

Saturday I took three precious kids to the Shatto Dairy Farm in the middle of nowhere Kansas. It was a blast! They even got to milk a cow! 


1 comment:

  1. woo hoo! so glad you are blogging. i always need a new blog to follow.

    ReplyDelete