The Grave Is Overwhelmed. Overwhelmed.
There's a peace I've come to knowThough my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say, It is well.
Jesus has overcome!
and the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead
He is risen from the dead
And I will rise
When He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise, on eagle's wings
Before my God
fall on my knees,
and rise...
There's a day that's drawing near
when this darkness breaks to light
and the shadows disappear
and my faith shall be my eyes
When He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise, on eagle's wings
Before my God
fall on my knees,
and rise...
There's a day that's drawing near
when this darkness breaks to light
and the shadows disappear
and my faith shall be my eyes
Jesus has overcome
and the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead!
and the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead!
Though recently disgusted with some of the "Christian" music out there... honestly, how can music be called "Christian?" It obviously doesn't have a soul... I don't get it. Anyway, so much of "Christian music" being produced cheapens the Gospel in my opinion and this annoys me (off soap box). However, this particular song by Chris Tomlin has recently touched my heart. As many of you know I struggle with a lot of physical pain and when my friend reminded me of this song a couple of weeks ago (thanks www.jacobandkristin.blogspot.com) I was grateful. The lyrics reminded me that this life is so temporary, our time here on Earth is short, and that Jesus has overcome anything we could ever imagine experiencing..... praise Him for his victory over sin and death. This is a reminder I need to hear quite regularly. We will pray for healing until the day I die or the day He chooses to heal me, but if it never comes, Jesus, Himself, is enough for me. I pray that He is enough for you too.
SOOOO true! This song has become one of my favorites lately! Thanks for sharing=)
ReplyDeletethat is a good reminder for sure...thanks for the encouragement.
ReplyDelete