CREEDE
This weekend Tim, his friend from residency Ryan, Storm and I headed to Creede, Colorado in the middle of the San Juan mountains. My parents take their RV out to this super dooper RV park (I'm not being sarcastic it's amazing) every summer from May-September. Then they travel back and forth from there as needed for my Dad's business trips. Lucky for us, they picked us up while coming through KC from one trip and dropped us back off on there way to NYC yesterday. My husband loves to fly fish and I enjoy fishing with him. Since I'm pregnant I decided it was NOT a good idea to walk through a running river with slippery rocks so I passed on the fishing this year. Even though I wasn't out there with him, I enjoy watching him fly fish because it's one of his favorite hobbies. I also enjoyed time with my parents while he fished and was glad he had a buddy to fish with!
I truly love the state of Colorado. There really isn't anything like it with the cool, crisp, air and bright blue skies in the morning and then the incredible stars at night. We are big fans!
We'll be doing some traveling this Fall so I decided I'd journal/blog a few things I'm grateful for during each trip.
Our time in Colorado made me thankful for:
*The opportunity to see my parents interact with and entertain their new friends from all over the world
*Some time to do absolutely nothing without any stress of every day stuff
*Getting to see Tim in the river with a good friend fly fishing
*My parents generosity
*My Dad's chicken fried steak with homemade gravy
*Thunderstorms
*God's creativity in allowing us to see in color
*Times when I'm forced to be still
HAPPY MONDAY Y'ALL!

Ditto to each and every one of those things. I adore Colorado. Glad you were able to get away and unwind.
ReplyDelete