Today is December 29th. For most people it's an ordinary Wednesday but for me it's the due date of our first baby. If I'm honest it still breaks my heart that the life of that baby was a short sprint rather than a marathon. But as I sit and reflect on the past 30 weeks of this current pregnancy I see the Lord's faithfulness in ways I never have before.
Those of you that grew up with "church backgrounds" have probably heard these Lamentations verses in and out of context hundreds of times. I can remember riding in the back of a car in California on vacation with my best friend at about age 14. During that car ride her Mom helped us memorize these verses. She told me that there would be days I would cling to this truth like my life depended on it. She was right. As I went through the miscarriage these verses played over and over again in my head. How thankful I have become for that car ride.
So while I'm sad that I don't have that precious life in my arms today, I am rejoicing that my hope was not in that baby. My hope is in Jesus. In His infinite goodness and mercy He has blessed Tim and me with a healthy baby girl growing inside of me and due to arrive in the next 10 weeks or so. Thank you Lord that your mercies never cease... they are new EVERY morning, even on mornings that are hard to face. Great is your faithfulness.
Love you friend!
ReplyDeletei remember that sermon from jimmy dodd...when he said that about the sprint vs marathon, i cried in the balcony and thanked God that i got to carry my little peanut for 8 short weeks.
ReplyDeletecan't wait to celebrate your baby with you soon!
love you! and i too can't wait to celebrate that little miss.
ReplyDelete