In September of last year I started planning for Tim's 30th surprise birthday weekend. The scheming was worth it and the weekend went off great! Tim came home from work and we headed to the airport... surprise #1. One of his best friends from college and his wife met us there... surprise #2. We arrived at our family ranch in Texas and went about a normal evening... surprise #3. About 11:00 p.m. his brother and three other friends from college came running (literally running) through the back door just in time to sing Happy Birthday... surprise #4. Tim was SO excited to see his friends. We ate cake and went to bed. Saturday and Sunday were full of great food, fun and fellowship. The guys were in full force with "guys" activities. So much fun.
On Friday I told Katelyn I had a surprise for Dad planned... can you see the anticipation on her face?

This was her response (right before Dad got home) when I unveiled our plans... she was super excited! 


The big surprise!
Fishing and shooting snakes and turtles
breakfast at Rough Creek Lodge
shooting sporting clays

horseback riding on Sunny and Deuce

K got to meet her Uncle Peter for the first time

Mom did an incredible job preparing for the weekend... all her work is what made it great!
I was also grateful for her help with Katelyn so I could enjoy the great outdoors :)
all the guys


i've been checking your blog everyday for pictures of the weekend!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics... it's fun to see all the events. Wow, what a great wife you are to plan such a fun birthday! :)
UHM... Can I just say wife of the YEAR?! Way to go!!
ReplyDeleteAnd those last two pics are priceless!
dang. you're a freakin' all-star! the chicken is getting so big! i love her smiley faces...george is too serious for huge smiles. i do get a grin once in awhile. i'll take it!
ReplyDeletewow! that's amazing. and holy moly does miss k look like her daddy. wow!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you guys had fun! You are the best wife ever! Happy bday, Tim! (And I still can't believe what a small world it is... funny to see a childhood friend in your photos! :))
ReplyDeleteGreat photos, Kristen! Wes had a great time. A guy weekend was long overdue. Wes came home and said "katelyn is adorable." I can't wait to hold her! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteKristen !!!!
ReplyDeleteFINALLY I have "met" Katelyn !!! In fact, I have just devoured your entire blog-----from the beginning !!!!! I started using a different
computer and no longer had it on my favorites !!! How delighted I was to run into your mom and get all the latest scoop !!!
I LOVE Katelyn !!! What a DOLL !! She has soooo much expression and personality----I can just TELL !!! I can NOT wait to meet her in person. So sorry to have beem so out of it right at the time of her birth etc. !! But as of today ---I am CAUGHT UP !!!----and happy to have seen all the darling pics and read all the news (AND great recipes etc).
Best to daddy TIM !!!
Hope to see you all three before long !!
Love,
Beverly Holcomb
Wow. You're one heck of a good wife. Looks like a super fun weekend!
ReplyDeleteMiss you guys! Dinner soon?