365 days from today Tim will complete his residency.... did I just say that?! That's right folks, today he starts year 8 of 9 post college in his journey to becoming a Pediatric Ophthalmologist. Woah. Can you imagine training that long for something? Never mind all the competitive years in grade school and college where you are already beginning to prepare for this journey (pretty sure I was just concerned about my next basketball game or how cool I'd look in my own car when I turned 16). I told Tim the other night that I was going to throw a big party next year to celebrate this great achievement. In true Tim fashion, he denied... he isn't one for the spotlight. Me on the other hand... well I suggested that if he doesn't want to be celebrated then I'll throw a party for his wife for making it through this journey!!! HA! I'm kidding... kind of.
So hard to believe we are already at this point. We sure have loved our time in Kansas City. It will be interesting to see where his fellowship and career will take us this time next year. God certainly prepared a place for us here and in His great mercy I know He'll do the same for us in the next step of the journey... I may need to be reminded of that approximately 500 times if we are having to move this time next year.
Way to go Timmy... keep up the good work... your wife is very proud of you!
Love this post! And I love you. And I love the fact that God has brought us together and we are some of the only people who understand what our husbands (and us) go through on a daily basis. And I 100% agree with the party next year!!!! For all of us!!!!!!
ReplyDeletePS Way to go Tim!! You have done such an amazing job!
Congrats timbo! Congrats Kristen! How exciting...
ReplyDelete