Monday, August 15, 2011

An experience that is too hilarious not to share......

Katelyn and I went to Austin for a few days to celebrate my best friend and her little boy (due in November). The shower was a lot of fun and we had a great time. It's incredible how much I wished Grandma lived closer to us!!!!

Anyway, the flight down was fairly uneventful... Katelyn watched her Einstein and did great overall. She actually slept for the first time in her life in the stroller during our layover... I was SHOCKED but very very thankful!

On the way back we had to stop in Dallas. We boarded the plane from Austin to Dallas (Southwest) and had no one sitting next to us (hilarious how the seats next to the baby are always the last ones to fill). It didn't stay that way though because there were two standbys who came on at the last minute... a man about 45 years old and his teenage son. As I tell the story I will say what I was thinking in parenthesis..... "Are these seats taken?" said the man... "No sir, you can sit here," I said. "How old is your little girl?" "She is 5 months." Then the man said, "ah hah I remember those days." (PHEW even though it's a man and I'd hoped for a woman he is a Dad and understands how difficult it is to travel with an infant... especially alone.. I'm so thankful!). He continued, "and I hated every one of them... so let me get a few things straight... I don't want any spit up anywhere close to me (brother you sat next to the wrong baby).... I don't want to see your boobs if she's hungry (aren't you in luck... she's going to have a bottle)... and it is extremely inappropriate for you to change her diaper on this plane (um... okay so I should let her sit in her pee and/or poop?)." "Oh yeah," he said... "one more thing... I have a horrible sinus infection that has lingered for weeks that she'll probably pick up" (should I punch him in the face or kick him where the sun don't shine?). I simply said, "we'll do the best we can." The flight went smoothly... it's a short trip from Austin to Dallas... thankfully. Katelyn did really well. During the last 10-15 minutes she started talking. If you've been around Katelyn you know that when she talks she is L.O.U.D. After a few minutes grumpy man says... "can't you give her a pacifier to make her be quiet?" I said, "she's just talking... better than crying isn't it?" He rolled his eyes. I de-planed... unbelievable.

On our flight from Dallas to KC a really sweet Mom who has a 5 year old and 2 1/2 year old twins sat down next to us. She was returning home from a girls weekend so the kids weren't with her. She was very sweet. Only problem was she had a stomach bug and threw up twice in her seat while we were flying.... I can't make this stuff up. The positive? Katelyn (for the first time since she was about 12 weeks old) fell asleep on me and slept most of the flight. Way to go my little traveler!!!

6 comments:

  1. um, i want to rip that guy's face off. people are so ridiculous. and you were way too nice to him...no one would've known that i was a christian if that guy sat next to me. ha! but seriously...i will find him and hurt him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word. that is ridiculous. i laughed really hard and read it to clay. i don't understand what people are thinking sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you serious? Do people like that even exist? I'm in major harmonizer distress even reading this. My heart rate is elevated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the H!!!??? I'm pretty sure I would have had some not so nice things to say in response to that jerk. I can't even believe he said all that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd kick em where the sun don't shine!! Nobody talks to Baby K that way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just laughed SO LOUD! you are right,.cant make that stuff up!

    ReplyDelete