I was looking back at some pictures and realized I never posted about our amazing night at a Greek restaurant while in Orlando. Have you ever been to a r-e-a-l live Greek restaurant? I've been to a few hole in the wall Greek restaurants (that are delicious btw) but never a place like this. Let me set the stage... we are in Orlando for the American Academy of Ophthalmology meeting. The head of the KU Eye department decides to take the docs in town from KU to dinner one night (very kind ay?) Katelyn was obviously coming along and I was a little nervous because I figured it would be a very fancy, drawn out dinner.... fancy and drawn out don't usually mix well with 8 month old... in case you didn't know :). ANYWAY... we get to the restaurant and learn that it's a Greek place called OPA.. not opa... not Opa... but OOOO---PPPP---AAAA. The real deal folks.
Katelyn had no clue what was going on. As I tried to feed her dinner in the high chair napkins (millions) start flying everywhere and all the staff is running around yelling OOOO---PPPP---AAAA!!!! Next belly dancers come out and before you know it everyone is dancing on the tables.... for real. She looked at me and bursted out crying when the belly dancer flapped her ENORMOUS silver wings in Katelyn's face and yelled OOO--PPP---AAA right above her. By the end of the night she got used it... poor kid. Please remember the key part of this story... we are with the head of Tim's department who is a very straight laced fellow. It was amazing... It was awkward... It was unbelievable... my child is scarred for life!
See... I wasn't kidding.. people dancing on the tables.. where are we?!

also not lying that KG truly was entertained rather than scared by the end of the night!


Can someone say Daddy look alike?!??
hilarious!
ReplyDelete