Sunday, May 20, 2012

Well clearly it's been awhile since I've blogged. Life has happened. I document the mundane of our every day with instagram fairly well and print pictures from there. Thus, the blog update often get    skipped. Here's a quick recap of our last month! 


Katelyn made her first trip to Deanna Rose Farmstead. The fact that this place is free is just too good to be true. At that point I still wasn't able to drive so our friends Avery and Carrie took us out there. She loved the bunnies, baby chicks and goats the best!



We went to Chicago for Tim's youngest brother Andrew's graduation from Wheaton College. Ironically enough I don't have a picture of Andrew.... thanks to my trusty sis-in-law I'll be able to get one! Tim was thrilled to get back to Wrigley and even more excited to take Katelyn to her first Cubs game. Tim's been cheering for the Cubs since he was Katelyn's age so this was a really special treat! Unfortunately the Cubs lost, BUT Katelyn and her cousin Jake both got balls from the left fielder of the Cubs. 

Hey, throw me a ball over here!


Thanks for treating us to the Cubs game Nana and Papa!
Grandma came to town and we went to the new KC Acquarium... clearly KG had the fishy face goin' the entire time :)

Katelyn often looks with her eyes before she turns her head. I finally captured a good picture of her doing just that! It's hilarious! 

 Katelyn with her friend Lydia who is a few months older than her. I'm so thankful for mother/daughter impromptu lunch dates and that Katelyn gets to be friends with this precious one! 

 Daddy+Katelyn+Costco = THE MOST GINORMOUS TEDDY BEAR I HAVE EVER SEEN. Currently he has made himself comfortable on our king sized guest bed and he makes it look tiny. What in the world am I to do with such a bear?!? She L.O.V.E.S. it!!! 

Another one of KG's best buddies is Ruthie... just one week younger than her. I love getting to watch them play together. Super excited for them to grow up together and thankful to have Ru's awesome Mommy to walk beside me as they do! 

 I've been going to physical therapy a lot lately (progressing well and now out of the walking cast and into a tennis show WITH a brace (will I ever be brace free?!). Katelyn obvioulsy can't go with me so a lot of friends have stepped in to help care for Katelyn during these appointments. Last week I got this picture texted to me and just loved it. Katelyn has lots of fun and is well loved by my dear friends!

The following three pictures accurately display our Spring thus far. We have been OUTSIDE non stop and I love it. Katelyn loves to swing, slide and play in the rocks under her swing set. 

We gave her a Radio Flyer wagon for her birthday and it was money well spent. We're having a blast with it!

Timmy (aka farmer man) has created an unbelievable garden x4 for us this year. We have just about every vegetable (why yes we do have a corn field in our backyard) and some fruits too this year all in the ground....hopefully the crop will be plentiful! In this picture KG is helping Daddy plant the new Dahlia's that we planted in the front yard. 

Last but not least we are WALKING! It's been such a fun journey to watch KG learn to walk. Now that she walks more than she crawls I feel like I can truly say we have a walker on our hands. We're busy but having a lot of fun! She walked for the first time while Grandma was in town.... just over 14 months old. Enjoy this video of our little drunken sailor :).... she's a lot more stable now after a couple weeks of walking under her belt! 


1 comment:

  1. i love when you blog!
    great pictures of Katelyn MANY faces...she's so expressive!

    ReplyDelete