Monday, January 25, 2010

Haiti

Several times in the last couple of weeks I've been ripped out of my comfort zone and had a heavy heart and big tears over the devastation in Haiti. If I'm honest, it makes me sad, it deeply pains me, and then somehow I go about my "busy" schedule and a few days go by before it hits me again. We have several friends in the medical profession and otherwise that have dropped everything and gone to Port au Prince. We've stayed updated with blogs, the not so real American news channel broadcasts, and tweets. I wait every day to get an email with an update about sweet Nirhva. Nirhva Casimir is a 9 year old from PAP that we have financially sponsored and fervently prayed for over the past 8 years. As you can imagine Compassion is swamped and we probably won't know anything for months. Oh how my heart breaks for that sweet little face.

So now what? We just send money here and there and call it a day? I'm not content with that. How can we provide for them financially now but build relationships that last for decades? I don't have an answer to that question, it's just what is on my heart. Please pray for Haiti. If you would like to read a blog of a young married couple (a friend of a friend) who felt called to Haiti, dropped everything and moved there 6 WEEKS BEFORE the earthquake, check out www.benandkatieinhaiti.com.

For now, don't take anything for granted, our time on earth is short.

No comments:

Post a Comment