Tuesday, June 8, 2010

OUR FIRST GARDEN

It's true... we have our first raised vegetable bed built and it's thriving in our back yard. Tim took a weekend and worked outside NON stop for three days. He rarely gets a full weekend off but he did two weeks ago and he chose to spend it on something I've desired for quite awhile! :) This process made me grateful for a husband who takes the time to do things really well instead of just getting them out of the way. Way to go Timmy! There were plenty of ups and downs throughout this process and I thought you'd enjoy seeing the pictures from this grand ole event!

Our first of probably a dozen trip to Lowe's.....


whoopsie daisies... 2x4 through the windshield... my garden just got very expensive!


next thing I know, Tim is unloading the bags into the backyard... you know... just the average way to unload your car DRIVING ON THE LAWN!

hard work in action.....


THE GRAND FINALE!

In other backyard news... we also have a new apple tree... it will produce granny smith, johnny gold, fuji, and honeycrisp... YUMMO!

4 comments:

  1. You forgot to talk about Tim's seed challenge. Can't wait to see who wins that bet. I rooting for ya, Kristen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super jealous of your garden! We don't have a sunny enough spot in our entire yard=( And I might steal a few apples. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun! nice work...can't believe the 2x4 incident. yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i mean, that looks like so much work. and i would totally bust my windshield. i'm just going to watch my friends build a garden...

    ReplyDelete