Tuesday, September 14, 2010

SEATTLE
I find it extremely funny that every time I visit Seattle we have very little or no sunshine. Poor Tim was certain that us going in September would give me a new perspective on rainy ole Seattle but nonetheless we had lots of clouds, cold weather and some drizzle. If it weren't for our awesome view at the Huskies game (where the weather was perfect for a few hours) I wouldn't believe anyone that there are in fact mountains in this city. I must say, when it's clear, it is absolutely beautiful! But good luck planning your vaca around catching those days! :)
Much more important than the weather are the people we went to spend time with. We had a great time with Tim's parents and were so grateful for their generous hospitality. Here are a few pics from our time there last weekend.

We had breakfast at Snoqualmie Falls... the view was beautiful but only enjoyed from inside... I was not prepared for how cold it was. The breakfast was outstanding!
My favorite stop is always Pike's Place Market. This is the best market I've been to and it never disappoints. It's a lot of fun to stop back by and visit our favorite vendors. The flowers were breathtaking this year! Say, where can I get a hat like this lady for winter around KC?
One thing I do love about Seattle is how much the culture reminds me of Austin....
Tim's parents along the shoreline downtown Seattle
Ladies and Gentlemen..... Mt. Rainer! It sure is beautiful when it's "out". Can you see it way off in the distance covered with snow?
I wore a neutral color under my rain jacket but did cheer for the Huskies... really, I did.

Grateful List:
*Tim's parents generosity
*Southwest now having a direct flight option to and from Seattle
*My husbands patience as I tried to meet a deadline on a big project while on vacation
*The great view of Rainier from our seats at the football game
*Fresh squeezed orange juice at our Snoqualmie Falls breakfast
*My husband getting to eat some fresh pacific salmon
*Feeling great (no pregnancy symptoms and no arm pain) which allows me to travel and enjoy it
*Hospitality of Tim's Mom
*Laughter


4 comments:

  1. so fun! glad you are getting to do lots of fun traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun Trip! I like your new blog design too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so much like your mama in the picture at the falls!! Sounds like a great trip. So excited for Oct 13 this year!!

    ReplyDelete