Thursday, January 19, 2012

times are a changin' around here... for now

This week instead of buying groceries we've been cleaning out the fridge, freezer and pantry. It was time to get creative with our meals by using what we already have in our jam-packed kitchen. Tomorrow we are starting a two week cleanse followed by a two-three day juice fast. THEN we are going to eat gluten free for a few months. This should be interesting but good. What sparked my interest in this is the amount of people who have autoimmune diseases that have been able to self cure their bodies through changes in their diet. Gluten is an interesting part of the American diet... and a BIG part of mine. The hope is that going off of gluten will help the terrible joint pain that I deal with every day. I know... it's a shot in the dark but worth trying in my opinion. Tim is on board with this plan. Katelyn's diet will obviously not be effected and she'll still eat "normal"foods (disclaimer for all those that were concerned about KG:). I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment