Monday, June 11, 2012

If you're going to San Francisco...... be sure and wear a flower in your hair! 

My sweet Mom and I went to San Fran for the weekend. Katelyn stayed with super Dad and everyone had a lot of fun! My flight got in 6 hours after scheduled and Mom waited for me all 6 hours in the airport at my gate (of course she did, that's just the kind of person she is). When I walked off the plane at 3am central time there was Mom sitting with "a flower in her hair".... no doubt. 
We went to celebrate Mom turning 60 years old. I love that when people talk about getting older and how horrible it is to be 60 she admits that she doesn't mind "bc if I weren't 60 I'd be dead!"... love that. Anyway, we did the tourist thing and had a blast together. My favorite things were the Muir National Forest and an Olive Oil tasting at Round Pond Olive Mill in Napa. The vineyards weren't too shabby either. I'm really grateful for this time with her. Also thankful for a great husband who encouraged me to go and took awesome care of Katelyn while I was gone. She was excited to see me this morning but then promptly asked for Daddy. When I told her he was at work she started to cry. My loyal little girl! 

 Alcatraz




Napa! 





 Ferry building shops... awesome creamery
 Riding in a street car
 Farmers Market on the Piers
 Pier 39 sea lions
 Cable cars... not always convenient but a must for any tourist 


 Lombard Street.... crookedest street in the world

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet sweet daughter to take your mom to San Francisco! And a fabulous husband to keep that darling baby all by himself!! Keep up the blogging!

    ReplyDelete