Friday, October 16, 2009

Good Idea Gone Bad!




















For some reason I thought it would be fun to make some cake balls (but make them into cake pops by adding a lollipop stick) for all the kids I baby-sit in honor of Fall/Halloween (even though I'm not really a big fan of Halloween to begin with)! Everything was going well until it came time for me to decorate the cake balls ..... I am AWFUL at any kind of art, even with decorating icing. SO, as you can see from the pictures they didn't turn out so hot. Fortunately the baskets I put together (everything either homemade or found in the $1 stop at Target) drowned the ugliness of the faces on the pops and the kids won't care what they look like anyway!
Although I was bumbed they didn't turn out cute, I was more annoyed that when shown the picture of the purple pop Tim had NO idea what it was.... I said, "think Halloween" he said, "i still have no idea what that is." At this point I said, "are you kidding me? you look at them ALL DAY LONG, IT'S AN EYE BALL!!!" Can't you all tell what that is?! Come on, maybe if you looked at them all day you would know?!
Oh well, you live and learn right?! Please someone redeem this cute idea.... go to thepioneerwoman.com or www.bakerella.com/trick-or-treats/ to see how they are supposed to look! :)

2 comments:

  1. i think they are so cute...what are you talking about?? i mean, who would want to chomp into an eyeball though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can totally tell it's an eyeball! good work.

    ReplyDelete