Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I'm pretty confident that zero males read my blog and if I'm wrong sorry about this post guys! GIRLS..... I'm planning on nursing once our little girl gets here in around eight weeks and have started looking into some nursing bras/clothing. I'm not going to go buy a bunch of stuff until I know that I'll be nursing but wanted to have some feedback from all you girls who have already been down this road so I feel somewhat prepared. What are your favorite bras, tanks, things to sleep in, etc? I know different things work for different people but I'm hoping my opinionated friends will openly share their favorites! Would greatly appreciate it! :)

9 comments:

  1. i hated all my nursing bras, but a friend swears by bravado seamless nursing bra. i think they are a little more expensive, but she said she literally wore it everyday. hope that helps. get some nipple cream too...it's a must!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i apologize that i just said nipple. please forgive me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we talked about this, but Target nursing tanks were what I wore 99% of the time. And yes, Lanolin is good to have on hand. The purple box nursing pads were what I preferred. A friend told me they were thinnest and I believe her :). And get some Medela microwavable steaming bags, or another quick sanitizer, for your b-pump parts, pacis, bottles, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Target bras & tanks. Still using them=) Cheap and have stood the test of time (well okay, 7 months) I hated lanolin, but it helped. The BEST things were called soothies (i think), they are these gel packs you keep in the freezer and put them on - it helped me more than lanolin. The hospital gave them to me, but I think you can get them at CVS. Do you have a hooter hider (or something similar? That's also a must.

    Oh and drink LOTS of water- it really does help your milk supply. Hmmm... I'm sure I have more opinions... I'll let you know as I think of them...=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the bravado bras especially for sleeping, the mommy and me boutique at shawnee mission med has a great selection of nursing gear and a very helpful shop owner....I used lanolin free nipple butter, Luke wouldn't nurse after I used lanolin. I second drinking tons of water!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the sleeping bra (kinda like a criss-crossed sports bra) from Motherhood. I also bought their $12 nursing bras. I had some nursing tanks from Target - they were great for the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I got Brandy some Lily Padz to put in her bra. They are silicone and keep you from leaking!! My 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi! i second the sleeping bra kind but i could only wear that at night. lily padz are awesome for a bathing suit or just when you don't want to feel crinkling paper! but i heard they can lead to thrush so i didn't wear them too often. oh you have so many unexpected moments ahead!! breastfeeding is such a good thing but also really amusing to look back on. :) congratulations kristen, you will be such a wonderful mother, no doubt! xoxo

    ReplyDelete