Sunday, January 30, 2011

Kansas City Baby Shower

The morning after the shower at Children's Mercy some of my wonderful girlfriends hosted a beautiful brunch shower for me. It was such a fun and joyous occasion. The Lord has blessed me tremendously with really special girlfriends in KC. One of my favorite highlights was the ONE AND ONLY CONNIE'S COOKIE appearance (yes I'm that shallow)!!! My friends are too good to me. They were adorable and tasted UNBELIEVABLE. Thanks girls for all the time, effort, love and thoughtfulness you poured into making this a special time for baby girl and me. An extra thank you to Bethany for being the photographer.... you captured the day so well!

The hostess' minus Jami (we missed you!)....
Mom, Joan and Elizabeth... so great to have them there
The food was awesome... a great selection of yummy brunch items
A picture of those cookies I've been bragging about... Connie, you are a genius
Love these girls... they go to KCCS where I coach basketball
Love these girls too.... I babysit for them
My dear friend from college Molly and her Mom drove all the way up from Columbia, MO just for the shower... it was such a blessing to have them there. Molly's Mom, Brenda, made this incredible quilt for baby girl... I just LOVE it
Why hello double chin... it is NOT nice to meet you
Girlfriends are such a gift.. thank you for being there to celebrate baby girl with me!
You know when certain people come into your lives in just the right season? I can't imagine going through the last year without Lindsay by my side. We've been through excitement, heartache, grieving, celebration, prayer and loads of freezing cold 6am morning walks together. Now we are getting ready to welcome our baby girls into the world... due one day apart.
God is good.
Probably one of the last few pics of baby girl still in my tummy... can't wait to meet you little one!

4 comments:

  1. good pictures....such a fun and lovely shower!
    (I laughed pretty hard at the double chin comment :))
    you look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i'm crying because i'm so sad i missed it! everything looks fabulous. and you look..HOTT. you are rockin' the belly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for having a baby so we could have a party!
    AND BTW: if you think that's a double chin, you seriously need to go check out some of my pic's when I was prego. omg.

    You look awesome lady and I am obsessed with that cute belly of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blast the last nine months have been! The race is on...see you in the delivery room!

    ReplyDelete